Wednesday, February 24, 2010

American Idol

O.k. so American Idol Started last night. The girls were up first and I have to say, I was not impressed. First off, who in the world picked out their outfits? Whoever it was should be fired! With that being said, I love, love, love Ellen on the show. I was a bit apprehensive at first when I heard she was going to be a judge, but I love her on the show. She is a great addition to the panel. O.k. so let's get right to it.
I thought for the most part the girls were dull. I felt like most of them should have been rocking it out, especially on the first night of performances. I do have a few that I liked. My top four favorite girls were Sioban, Crystal, Katie and Michelle. Sioban I think has a great voice, good song choice. She through me for a loop though because she looks very nerdy, but when she sings, she really surprised me. Crystal sang a song that definitely fit her, great voice, however I think she had to many gadgets up there - she could have done without her harmonica. Katie has an unbelievable voice for a 16 yr. old she seemed very comfortable up on the stage and like the judges, I would have liked to see her do a song that was a "bit younger" - something that would suit her more. Michelle I liked very much. I think she rocked out the Alicia Keyes song and she probably had one of the best outfits on the show.
What was up with Page? I think she may be going home this week. She was very dull and I think she was being carried by the backup singers. Ashley I wish showed more energy, definitely did not like her song choice, she did show great energy. Lilly reminded me of a singer you would see at a local bar. By the way, what is up with 3 of the girls using guitars??? No need for it.....Sooooo, my choices for the two girls that are going home this week would have to be Page and Hailey... sorry ladies but you just did not cut it for me.
I'm interested in what you guys think.. leave comments below. But you have to become a follower in order to leave comments.

0 comments: