Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The New Bag

Let me tell you about my new pocketbook....wait, wait, wait.. this is interesting. I'm not quite sure when it happened (o.k. I have an idea - maybe about 5 months ago) I was getting ready to bring my new son to the Dr.s and I had to pack everything up..My son - CHECK! His snuggie (this is what he calls his little bear) CHECK! Pacifier - CHECK! Diaper bag - CHECK! pocketbook - CHECK! But wait! How in the world was I going to carry my son in his car seat, a diaper bag and my very oversized new bag whose brand name shall remain nameless. Hmm.. I looked at all three things and knew something had to go. I couldn't possibly leave my son. After all, he was the reason we were heading out. O.k. so now it is between the diaper bag and my ohh so cute trendy bag.This is a tough decision. I cooould put his diapers and wipes in my new bag, it certainly was big enough. or I could just leave my new bag at home..GASP!!!!! but how was everyone going to know I was a hip and trendy mom? How was my bag going to be the envy of all the other moms? Think Heather, think! I guess I could just leave the bag at home and put my wallet in the diaper bag. Did I just say that? Really? Leave my new bag at home? But I did. I walked in to the Dr's office with my sons diaper bag doubling as my pocketbook.
Sadly ladies, that wasn't the last time it happened. Every time I left the house, I used that diaper bag as my pocketbook. Except for this one time I was going shopping and I brought both the diaper bag and my trendy new bag. But unfortunately, the new bag never made it out of the car. I decided I didn't want to lug around two bulky bags and so my friends, yes, the diaper bag won. I'm not sure when I'll be able to "show off" my trendy new bag, but when I do, I'm sure it won't be trendy anymore and it certainly won't be new.

R.I.P Trendy New bag.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG...u freaking crack me up...who would have ever thought...life is treating you well Heather and it really shows....xo

Mad Momma said...

haha thank you ;)