Saturday, August 15, 2009

In My Son's Eyes

Author: Martina McBride
In my son's eyes, I am a hero. I am strong an' wise, And I know no fear.
But the truth is plain to see: He was sent to rescue me,
I see who I want to be, in my son's eyes.I
n my son's eyes, everyone is equal, Darkness turns to light, And the world is at peace.
This miracle God gave to me, Gives me strength when I am weak.
I find reason to believe, in my son's eyes.
And when he wraps his hand around my finger, Oh, it puts a smile in my heart.
Everything becomes a little clearer. I realize what life is all about.
It's hanging on when your heart has had enough; It's giving more when you feel like giving up. I've seen the light: it's in my son's eyes.
In my son's eyes, I can see the future. A reflection of who I am, And what will be.
And though he'll grow and, some day, leave: Maybe raise a family, When I'm gone, I hope you'll see, How happy he made me, For I'll be there, in my son's eyes.

0 comments: