Friday, August 14, 2009

I wanted to kick their as*!

What is it with kids these days? They seem a whole lot nastier, crueler, meaner and just plain bad. (oh God I sound like my grandmother). Anyway here's what happened. Me and my family have been staying over my dads house for the past two nights because we are putting a new kitchen floor down and we are unable to walk on it..blah..blah..blah.. Well, the first night we were here it was around 11:00. My father was in bed and I was on the computer , surprise, surprise :) When all of a sudden I heard my dad yell in a very raspy voice "pick it up! pick it up! I know who you are and I will go down and tell your father!" Now at first thought was yelling at my son. I don't know why I thought this because my father would never in a million years yell at him. There is a special bond between those two. Next thing I knew he came flying out of his room and raced down the stairs. Being very curious, of course, I followed. I asked him what happened and he told me kids knocked down my sons basketball hoop and it was now laying in the middle of the street. UGH!!! Friggin punks. So of course I also ran down the stairs and I bolted outside and began walking down the street with my hands in a fist. Looking back I laugh to myself. What was I thinking? Storming down the street at 11:00 at night! What would I do if i saw the kids? fight them? Well, I heard the roar of my dads truck. Uh oh! I yelled as he zoomed by, "where are you going?" Knowing quite well that he was going to see if he could find the punks. uh oh! what is HE found them? What was he going to do? My thoughts immediately went from anger towards those punks to worry for my dad. I hope he doesn't find them. What if they yell at him? What if he gets out of the truck and they beat him up? oh god, he'll have a heart attack! It seemed like a lifetime before I heard the familiar roar of my dads truck.. He got out and - no luck he could not find them. Whew!! A part of me was kind of glad. Well, we went to bed a few minutes later and I hoped that was the end of that.
Fast forward to the next evening. My dad was sitting on the porch and wouldn't you know it - the punks walked by! yep they actually had the nerve to walk by the house. Maybe they didn't know that my dad saw them and knew what they looked like. But my dad didn't say anything. He just sat on the porch smoking his cigarette and glared at them in a Clint Eastwood sort of way. About an hour later all of us went off to bed. Oh, I forgot to mention, Eric was staying over this night . (this will be important later in the story). We weren't in bed 10 minutes when CRASH! yep, the punks were back and they did it again. All of us raced down stairs and we saw the basketball hoop laying in the street. My dad and Eric went outside and looked down the street - they couldn't see anyone. Eric asked what the kids looked like and in an instant zoomed off in his truck. Dad was pacing . I know he was probably feening for a cigarette. But his hands were shaking so much he probably would have dropped it and our luck the house would have went up in flames. Well Eric came back with a smirk on his face. I knew he found them! ha ha! Revenge! We all took great pleasure of listening to his story. How he saw the punks, pulled up beside them and ..well we can all kinda guess what happened next... no , no, no he didn't beat them up (although i would have loved that) he did have a few choice words for them. Good!

As a mom I was soooo mad! Actually Mad isn't even the word I was irate! bullshit! If steam could have come out my ears...ohhh it would have believe you me!!!. Did those kids know how much "Santa" paid for that basketball hoop? What kind of parents did they have? Did they not teach them any morals? Then the minds started to work. Dad wanted to spend the next day putting tacks around the top of the basketball hoop so if and when they did it again -Surprise!!. That would teach them.. Eric suggested putting tar up there. I wanted to hide behind a bush with a pellet gun and get em if they tried to do it again. (insert evil laugh here) .
As of right now plans are in the works as to what to do to teach those kids a lesson.
Putting tacks on top of the rim is sounding pretty good right about now. "Sorry officer the tacks were up there so birds wouldn't sit up there and poop. We didn't mean for someone to get hurt, honestly)....Mwahahahahahaha

0 comments: